The SkillsUSA Framework
The SkillsUSA Framework works by empowering every student to achieve career success and delivers a skill set demanded by business and industry. L.E.A.D. Conference will touch on all 17 essential elements of the SkillsUSA Framework and will provide participants an understanding of how to leverage these skills for future success.
Student TrainingThe goal of L.E.A.D. is to provide students opportunities to:
- increase career readiness though experience.
- understand how to run a SkillsUSA Chapter.
- gain a toolbox of skills that can be used to lead others.
Advisor TrainingThe goal of L.E.A.D. is to provide advisors opportunities to:
- explore best practices of career readiness instruction.
- understand how to lead a SkillsUSA Chapter.
- experience SkillsUSA educational resources.
Conference DetailsRegistration includes conference training and materials, hotel accommodations, and all meals Friday and Saturday.
November 1 – 3, 2018
Thursday at 7 p.m. – Saturday 2 p.m.
3000 Warrenville Rd Lisle, IL
Quad**: $200 Double: $275 Single: $450
October 3, 2018
* Prices include conference registration and hotel costs. Prices are subject to change without notice. All registrants must be joined members, prior to registering. **Quad rate is available only to students; each room comes with two beds.
RegistrationFollow the instructions below to register. Payments should be made payable to and mailed to SkillsUSA Illinois, Inc. | P. O. Box 1029, Pekin, IL 61555-1029. Refund Policy: Please review our Conference Refund Policy prior to registering. For more information or questions, email email@example.com.
Scholarships – DEADLINE EXTENDED!
SkillsUSA Illinois will again be offering L.E.A.D. Conference scholarships for students to attend. These scholarships, valued at $2,000, are supported and provided by our business and industry partners who value the experience students receive from this conference. There are 20, $100 student scholarships available to cover half of the student’s registration costs to attend conference. This year all meals Friday and Saturday while at the event are included. Please review the scholarship requirements below.
- Full registration must be paid for these individuals; a refund check will be issued post conference.
- Recipients must attend the conference for the entire time; the scholarship will not be awarded for student who leave early.
- Recipients must complete the SkillsUSA Illinois Statesman Award at L.E.A.D. Conference to receive the scholarship.
Application Deadline: Friday, September 28, 2018.
For more information or questions, email Christopher Anderson at firstname.lastname@example.org.