State Qualifying Events
Preparation Guides have been developed to provide an outline of exam and conference contest content. Both exams and conference contests are based on the current year’s national SkillsUSA Technical Standards, industry standards that are the official guidelines for all SkillsUSA Championships activities. Advisors can access these standards through the SkillsUSA Registration Site.
State Qualifying Exam Preparation Guides
SkillsUSA Illinois State Qualifying Exams include two parts: Contest Technical Exams and Professional Development Exam. These Preparation Guides have been developed to provide an outline of exam content and sample questions.
Contest Technical Exam(s)
- Exams range from 50 to 100 questions on specific technical area.
- A guide for these exams will be available on the SkillsUSA Illinois website.
Professional Development Exam (Tie-breaker)
- 50 questions based on the SkillsUSA Framework, SkillsUSA Career Essentials: Foundations, and SkillsUSA general knowledge.
- This exam is used as a tie-breaker for students who have tied scores at the cut off line.
- This is a required exam. Students who complete their Contest Technical Exam but do not complete this exam will be disqualified.
State Qualifying Conferences Preparation Guides
State Qualifying Conference Preparation Guides will be continuously posted and updated. These are subject to be changed and updated until the day of the event. We will make every effort to notify advisors of modifications as they are posted.