New Student Opportunity!
Brand Design Challenge 2019
Each SkillsUSA Illinois student member is invited to submit one cohesive State Leadership and Skills Conference 2019 design package for consideration. The package consists of one trading pin design, one banner design, and one t-shirt design. All submissions should follow the specification outlined. All designs should follow the same pattern of work (font styles, colors, images, etc.).
This challenge is open to all SkillsUSA Illinois student members. The member must be joined on or prior to the date of submission. This will be verified during the selection process.
All entries will be judged by the SkillsUSA Illinois State Officer Team, SkillsUSA Illinois Board of Directors, and SkillsUSA Illinois Staff.
There will be one winner of the challenge, they will receive the a certificate of recognition, complimentary samples of the pin and t-shirt that is produced, recognition of the winner on the SkillsUSA Illinois website, and recognition at the 2019 SLSC Opening Ceremony. The winning student’s chapter will also receive five (5) free student registrations for SkillsUSA Illinois State Leadership and Skills Conference 2019.
All designs must be received by Friday, November 20, 2018 by 11:59 p.m. to be considered for judging. Submissions will ONLY be accepted online and will include one digital standard (8.5”x11”) page with all three designs in .pdf format using this template. Do not submit original art. The winning designer will be asked for original design files.
Example: Click here.
Submission Link: All submissions should be submitted at bit.ly/ILSLSCBC18
By submitting a design, you agree to the following: All entries become the property of SkillsUSA Illinois, Inc. and the designer relinquishes any and all rights to compensation for use of the design. Designs may be modified or changed as needed.
Email any to Chris Anderson at canderson@SkillsUSAIllinois.org.
All entries must follow all specifications outlined below, not doing so will result in disqualification.
- All designs should include the words “SkillsUSA Illinois,” “2019,” and “State Leadership & Skills Conference” or “SLSC”.
- The SkillsUSA emblem or logo (whole or elements) should appear on the design.
- All copyright laws must be followed in the creation of the design.
- Design package should display a consistent theme across all three designed items.
Trading Pin Design
- Manufactured Size: no larger than .91”
- Display Size: no larger than 2.75”
- The art does not have to be round
- Design Size: 6-8”
- Design may be full color.
- Display Size: 3.5” x 2.7045”
- Design Size: approximately 8.5” x 11”
- The art does not have to be square or to these exact dimensions.
- Designs may include two colors max.
- Two shirt colors should be suggested with the design.
- See instructions on the next page for details.
- Display Size: 8” x 3.2”
- Design Size: 10’ wide by 4’ tall.
- Design may be full color.
*Banner may or may not be produced.
T-Shirt Mockup File
To use the t-shirt mockup template in Photoshop, simply do these steps:
- Open the template in Photoshop and click on the layer that says “Paste your artwork here.” Under the FILE menu, select PLACE and browse for your art file to place it onto that layer. (Note: If you copy and paste your artwork on that layer, it will paste on a layer above that layer, which is okay.)
- Next, expand the folder layer that says “Select your shirt color” and simply turn on the shirt color you are suggesting for your shirt to be printed on. If you want a heather effect on your shirt, simply turn on that layer at the top of the list. (Please note that t-shirt color is just a recommendation and may not be available.)
- Under the file menu, “Save for Web” and save the file with a transparent background as a .gif or .png.
- Simply place and scale that file onto your Brand Design Template.